About Oxford Revise: AQA GCSE Geography revision guide
This revision guide will help you make sure you revise all the topics you need to know to do well in the AQA GCSE Geography exam, from changing economies to ecosystems.
You will revise how to apply your skills in the Geographical skills section and case studies are included to build your knowledge.
Plenty of practice exam-style questions with useful tips on how to approach them will help you make sure you’re exam-ready.
AQA GCSE Geography
- Natural hazards and tectonic hazards
- The impacts and management of tectonic hazards
- Global atmospheric circulation
- Tropical storms
- Weather hazards in the UK
- The evidence and reasons for climate change
- Effects of climate change and their management
- Ecosystems from a local scale to global scale
- Managing tropical rainforests sustainably
- The characteristics of hot desert ecosystems
- Challenges and opportunities in hot deserts
- The characteristics of cold environments
- Challenges and opportunities in cold environments
- The UK’s diverse landscapes
- Physical processes shaping coastal landscapes
- Landforms resulting from coastal erosion
- Coastal management strategies
- River processes and landforms
- River flooding and management
- Glacial processes and landforms
- Glaciated upland areas
- Urbanisation, issues, and challenges
- Urbanisation: growth, opportunities, and challenges
- Urban change in the UK: where do people live?
- Urban change in the UK: a case study
- UK urban regeneration and sustainability
- Our unequal world and measuring development
- The causes and consequences of unequal development
- Reducing the development gap
- The changing economic world: a case study (1)
- The changing economic world: a case study (2)
- The changing UK economy: how and why has it changed?
- The changing UK economy: social and economic change and transport
- The UK and the wider world
- Resource management
- Food management
- Water management
- Energy management
- Geographical skills
- Geographical applications and skills
OS maps symbols
Revise effectively with Oxford Revise
This guide covers every topic in the AQA GCSE Geography course in depth, using clear, easy-to-understand language. Key terms boxes highlight the important words and language that you need to understand and help you to use them confidently. Revision tips give you quick ways to understand the core concepts and practice remembering them.
Each chapter has lots of exam-style questions for you to practice. These are designed to build your confidence, consolidate your knowledge and stretch your understanding. Exam tips show you how to interpret questions, what you need to do in your answers, and give you advice on how to get as many marks as possible.
The Oxford Revise approach
Oxford Revise uses a clear three-step method to get you ready for your exams.
Step 1: Knowledge – learn the facts
Everything you need to know in each chapter is summarised in an easy-to-follow Knowledge Organiser.
Step 2: Retrieval – check you’ve retained the knowledge
Quick-fire recall questions and answers make sure you have learned the knowledge you will need for your exams.
Step 3: Practice – complete questions in the style of the final exams
Practice applying your knowledge and skills with plenty of exam-style questions, featuring hints and tips from revision and subject experts.
Our expert authors
About Tim Bayliss
In a teaching career spanning over 30 years, in both maintained and independent sectors, Tim Bayliss has held various positions of responsibility including Head of Geography, Head of Year, Head of House, Senior Sixth Form Tutor, Advanced Skills Teacher and Interactive Electronic Whiteboard (IWB) mentor.
A Chartered Geographer, he is published widely, including GCSE and A-level textbooks for Oxford University Press – in addition to co-authoring award-winning A-level e-resources for Cross Academe.
He has both lectured and led workshops on Effective IWB Practice in Geography Teaching and GIS, for regional and national Promethean, Royal Geographical Society and Geographical Association conferences.
Tim has also contributed to research projects in the production of exemplar materials for NESTA, the Geographical Association, the Royal Geographical Society, Ordnance Survey, BECTA and United Learning.
Tim was elected a Fellow of the Royal Geographical Society in 2023.
Praise for Oxford Revise
Really good revision book that is well laid-out, has concise summaries of each topic and a good range of practice questions. It seems to cover the entire syllabus, which is always important! Useful.
Amazon review for a different book from the series
Absolute game changer!
Science Teacher, UK
Review for a different book from the series